About the Organization: RateGain is a leading provider of SaaS products, which help travel and hospitality companies with cognitive revenue management, smart e-distribution, and brand engagement to make more revenue every day. RateGain is proud to support 250,000+ hotel properties globally by providing 240 billion rate and availability updates & powering over 30 Million bookings. RateGain is trusted by 25 out of the top 30 OTAs, world’s fastest-growing airlines, 23 of the top 30 hotel chains, tour operators and wholesalers, all top car rental companies, largest cruise lines, and the largest travel management companies. In 2018, RateGain acquired DHISCO, which made it the only company in the world to offer end-to-end smart distribution. In June 2019, RateGain acquired award-winning BCV to offer guest experience cloud to maximize guest lifetime value for hospitality chains. Rategain further acquired MHS in 2021, a leading online direct revenue acquisition partner for hotels with an aim to improve their profitability and distribution independence. For more information, visit www.rategain.com.
Role - Senior Data Engineer
Experience - 7-12 years
● Build and Maintain Taxonomy for Adara’s data assets across travel, experience, financial and identity data
● Data structure optimization for both services and applications that rely on properly structured data to perform
● Own data collection SDK from a data operations and taxonomy perspective
● Work with data pipelining lead engineer to ensure proper handling of data as well as determine appropriate layer of data infrastructure to implement data transformations
● Spikes of application data modeling work
● Proactively analyze data flows to optimize, accelerate, and improve quality of those data flows for both downstream applications and usage in BI teams
● Participate in weekly sprint ceremonies and agile processes
● Collaborate with BI and other data users to improve data quality, data reliability and cost optimizations
Skills & experience
● 7+ years of experience working in Data Engineering, Database Development, Data Modeling, Data Analytics and BI Engineering
● Experience working primarily in cloud services infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Snowflake; GCP Preferred
● Data Pipelining, Data Storage and Data Processing in solutions such as Airflow, Cloud composer, GCP Dataflow, BigQuery, etc.
● Experience with Pub/Sub orchestration of data pipelines in major cloud platform
● Hands on experience implementing enterprise level scalable data stacks
● Mastery of Python, SQL, and Java programming including their data handling libraries
● Significant experience with GCS, Big Query, Big Table, MYSQL, Postgresql and other databases.
● Ability to explore and visualize conclusions from data inquiries to collaborate with team mates
● Experience in data gap assessments, mitigation strategies, and implementation of those strategies in a tactical prioritization
● Domain experience in Identity, Martech and other DaaS solution sectors a big plus